Enterprise Security for Financial Services
Protect Sensitive Corporate and Customer Data
Top priorities for the financial services sector today include ongoing regulatory compliance and risk mitigation, continued adaptation to the expectations of consumers for anywhere/anytime service, reducing operational costs and increasing efficiencies through use of cloud-based services, and developing strategies for addressing the challenges and opportunities afforded by Big Data analytics.
Banking and financial institutions need to secure the storage, transit and use of corporate and personal data across business applications, including online banking and electronic communications of sensitive information and documents. The typical IT environment consists of a mix of new and legacy systems and applications across highly distributed networks of branch offices, call centers and web portals. Many of the traditional point security solutions that are deployed add complexity and management costs, and leave gaps between systems and applications that are highly vulnerable to attack. The increasingly global nature of the financial services industry makes it necessary to comprehensively address international data security and privacy regulations.
Only Voltage Security delivers the capabilities required for your data protection program, including:
- Single, comprehensive protection framework
The Voltage framework provides data security across heterogeneous networks, including legacy, cloud and Big Data environments; it protects corporate and customer email communications, file attachments, and payment card-holder and personally identifiable information, wherever used, accessed, or stored.
- Global regulatory compliance
The Voltage solution assures compliance with industry and international data security, residency, and privacy regulations as it delivers the greatest extent of protection for all data formats, including structured, semi-structured, and unstructured; allows aggregation of data across borders; and addresses compliance comprehensively, rather than system-by-system.
- Portability and usability
Voltage’s data protection framework is the only approach that makes data available to be accessed and used by the people, platforms and applications that need it, preserving the value of the data for analytics, while at the same time making the data unusable to hackers.
Use cases include:
- Banking customer representatives securely deliver encrypted mortgage documents to customers’ mobile devices and desktop systems. Customer service representatives are able to accelerate the mortgage initiation process while protecting sensitive data.
- Credit Union protects the sensitive data of its members, including account numbers, credit card numbers, and Social Security numbers, in email communications – proactively addressing data compliance requirements and reducing time and costs, by eliminating courier services for large attachments.
- Banks offer online banking services using a web portal to accept customer log-in credentials. Data is protected when entered in the browser, not just “on the wire” via SSL, and remains protected all the way to the bank’s back-end system.
- Financial services institution gathers the customer data from a call center in one country, aggregates it, and runs a customer analytics initiative located in another country. The value of the data is preserved for analytics, but sensitive data is protected in compliance with data security, privacy and residency regulations.
- Global financial services company has a major credit card processing business. Like other credit card companies, it is imperative that they comply fully with the PCI DSS guidelines and procedures. They have increased both security and performance, and dramatically reduced their compliance scope, by removing storage of cardholder data from many systems and applications. This translates into very large compliance cost savings.